Thursday, November 6, 2008

Read With Caution...

I think I am calm enough now to say this without two many bad words slipping but I make no promises.

Today I went to the doctor. The doctor I saw was not my normal doctor because he was out on vacation. He came in, looked at my chart, and then asked me if I had been given anything to make me ovulate. I told him my OBGYN had given me clomid but my hormone levels never changed enough for them to know for sure if I ovulated or not. He then proceeded to ask me if I could afford $600 to $700 a month for injections. I told him not right away. So then he said there was nothing more he could do for me! He said I could try losing weight and then my body may start ovulating on its own. I was so mad and upset I didn't ask questions and I barely even listened to him from that point on. He did give me a prescription for progesterone which will keep me regular as far as my periods go but probably won't help me ovulate.

I left and cried most of the way from the doctor's office back to work. All this sounded like to me was that he was telling me I was too poor and too fat to help. Then I started thinking, the doctor I have been seeing seemed to have many more options he was thinking of trying. I think this doctor just didn't want to deal with it. He didn't even do the sonogram which is the whole reason I was there! So this afternoon I looked at their website and got my normal doctors email address and emailed and told him everything that happened and everything the other doctor said and asked him to let me know if this is really my only option because he led me to believe that there were other things we could try.

So now I feel like I am back at step one because The sonogram wasn't done so we don't know if the cyst on my ovary went down or not.

WHAT A BUNCH OF FREAKIN CRAP!

No comments: