Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am still alive

I am alive. The surgery went fine. All the information I was given was given to me while I was still in a very groggy anesthesia state so I am not sure if I remember it all but what I do remember is that he was able to remove the cyst. He said that the cyst was blocking part of my fallopian tube so there may be some damage to it but he doesn't think so. He did ovarian drilling also so hopefully that will help me ovulate too. He took pictures of all this they are kind of icky looking to me but I could scan them and put them on here if anyone is interested in seeing them. My ovaries look like they have been burned with a cigarette which is where he did the holes. Its pretty crazy looking. Anyway, I am doing ok. I am very sore but with the help of hydrocodone and ibuprofen I can tolerate it. My incisions are very small. There are three of them and they are maybe a quarter of an inch long. So I think once my insides recover from their traumatic event I will be ok. I appreciate everyone checking on me and I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are ok and surgery went well. I am all for looking at the pics if you want to post them. I have always been into medical stuff so looking at them would be interesting to me. Hope you fully recover soon.