Friday, May 1, 2009

Stressed

As I posted before, Jason was offered a new job at a plumbing company. Well we were all excited about it and he really wanted it. Well now, he has put in his two week notice at his current job and they are falling all over themselves trying to get him to stay. He has told them the reason why he is leaving, money, opportunity, new experience, etc. They have offered him more money but still not what the new place is offering. They have offered to put him in a management position if/when one becomes available. Now they have us all confused. I still think going to the new place is best but what if I am wrong? What if he quits this place and then the plumbing company job ends up being worse? This is the part of being an adult that I hate. I just want someone to tell us what to do. I am afraid whatever he does will be wrong, but only god knows what is. Everyone I have talked to about it says they agree with me and that taking the new job is the best option but what if its not? Sheesh!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Girl, I can totally relate! Decision making in the grown-up world is tough! Russel came home today talking about some guys he works with venturing off on their own starting their own business and they want him to come...not a definite thing by any means yet, but it still makes my stomach turn thinking about how to make the best decision if we are faced with one. I'll tell you the same thing I told him...we'll just have to pray about it and hope God shows us the right path! Good luck!

djordan said...

What a compliment to your husband but I hate hard decisions like that...go with your gut : )

Jennifer said...

If the old company was really doing well they would offer him whatever he wants, clearly they are struggling and it is best to get out of a sinking ship. The new company seems good, and I personally think Jason would be good at it. If he was meant to stay with the old company it would be clear, everything happens for a reason!