Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The past three days have SUCKED!

So Thursday night I was up most of the night with a bad cough. I thought since it was about to be the weekend I decided I would go to the doctor Friday to get some antibiotics or something so I wouldn't get worse over the weekend. He said I had an upper respiratory infection. Well that plan failed. Saturday was about like Friday just coughing and lots of congestion. Sunday I went to church and by the time I got home I was dying. I had fever and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I got home and went straight to bed. I slept on and off and just felt like complete crap. Monday I woke up and still felt horrible. I was running 101 fever. I called the doctor's office and they told me to come back in but they couldn't get me in until 3. I took Advil and it helped keep my fever down for a while. I went to the doctor and he determined that I now also had strep. he said my tonsils are so swollen that they are touching each other. So now he has given me more antibiotics and wants me to take them 4 times a day instead of 2 times. After I got home from the doctor my fever went back up to 101.5. I took some Advil and it would not go down. So because I was so miserable I took more Advil but it still didn't phase it, my fever was actually still slowly going up. I finally gave up and got into bed. With all the coughing and stuff I was still doing I took some Tylenol PM to help me sleep and I guess that along with the Advil finally broke my fever and I woke up in a pool of sweat. GROSS! Anyway, I woke up again this morning with 100.8 fever which was better than it was. I got it to go down with Advil and I don't think I have had any more since. Now I am experiencing the craziest thing. You know that little hangy ball thing in the back of your throat, its called your uvula, well my tonsils are so swollen that if I try to talk or a lean my head just right it touches my tonsils and makes me gag. Its the craziest thing. I told Jason I never knew I could choke on my own tonsils....lol. So anyway, today has been a little better and I can finally see some improvement so hopefully I am almost done with this crap.

On a different note, I also started today so I should be going in for my sonogram on Thursday or Friday. I will update after I am done there.

No comments: