Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update

I just got back from the doctor. I had to see that other doctor that I dislike so much because my doctor was out so I had fully prepared myself to tell him where he could stick it should he give me trouble like the last time I saw him but he was fine. He did the sonogram and my right ovary has 1 follicle and my left ovary has 2 follicles that are trying to release eggs. However, he said they are not as big as he would like them to be at this point so instead of assuming they will increase in size he would like me to do 2 more Menopur injections, one tonight and one tomorrow night and then me come back in for another sonogram on Thursday. He said if we don't do this the follicles could potentially just shrink back down and not release the eggs. So, there is another chunk of money out of my FSA, which is already running rather low but oh well. I told him about how much more expensive the other pharmacy was than the one over by his Irving office. He was shocked. He said he was going to call and complain. He gave me the name of another pharmacy off Industrial Blvd in Euless so I went there and there prices were the same as the first pharmacy so I guess I can live with that. These two injections cost $140, which is $70 a piece like the first place. So anyway, I will do the injections tonight and tomorrow and go back on Thursday and see where we stand. Hopefully they will be ready and I can do the trigger shot and ovulate.

Jason has decided that if we don't get pregnant this month that he is willing to do the IUI next month so we will see what happens.

On another note, for those of you that I haven't already told. You remember the job interview Jason went on at the plumbing company a while back that he really wanted? Well, a week or two ago Jason decided to call the guy since he hadn't ever heard from him and just see if he had any other positions open. The guy told him that they hadn't filled the office manager position yet because the owner had decided to hold off for a little bit on it. He said Jason was still in the running for the position and that he would let him know something as soon as he knows. Well, yesterday Jason got a phone call from the guy and he GOT THE JOB! Jason was so surprised he made the guy repeat himself...lol. He really wanted this job. Its a big pay increase for him and he has been wanting to get out of the satellite business so this job was perfect. He goes today to do some training since its his off day and then he will put in his two week notice tomorrow and if they send him home like we expect then he will probably start full time at the new place later in the week.

Things are looking up! I hope they stay this way!

1 comment:

djordan said...

I hope the 2 additional nights of menopur will get all 3 follicles to mature!!