Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I know...

that having my period will make me healthier in the female aspect but IT IS NOT FUN! When its been as long as it has for me since my last period once I have a period it is HORRIBLE. CAUTION: TOO MUCH INFO coming up....

Sunday was a horrible day. My back hurt, I was bleeding profusely, and I felt like complete and total crap! I literally had to "go to the bathroom" every 30 minutes in order to not make a complete mess. During the night between Sunday and Monday I set the alarm for every 2 hours so I could get up and check to make sure there was and would be no mess. That is INSANE! I happened to have some prescription strength Ibuprofen that my doctor gave me for my back and also some hydrocodone. Taking both of the didn't even completely stop the cramps and did absolutely nothing for my back. It was not fun (did I say that already?). If this is the way its going to be every time I have a period then I have changed my mind. I don't want to be healthy female wise. Maybe I don't even want to have my own biological child. I give up! I will adopt!

No really, the horrible stuff only lasted about 24 hours and I guess I can handle that if someone could promise me that going through that once a month would eventually give me a baby. From what I have been told it was only that bad because it had been so long since my last period and if I stay normal it will not be that bad again. Let's hope!

I woke up Monday morning (after being up every 2 hours) and felt fine. The crazy bleeding had slowed down and I no longer felt like something was trying to claw its way out of my stomach (I might expect to feel this way if I were pregnant but I'm not!). Anyway, I have started the birth control now and should have another normal period next month. Let's hope it goes better than this one!

No comments: