Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ok....I take it back...for now!

So I got up at 8 this morning and called Allstate. Come to find out the $3000 check was for the REPAIRS on my car. Well someone should have told me! The lady I talked to said the guy that did the estimate tried to call me but the number he had was disconnected. I asked her if she could see what the number was and she said it was a cell phone number I had like 5 years ago! I have no idea how they got that number. My dad said maybe the loan company on the car but I was thinking about it and the home number he had was our apartment we lived in before we moved into the house and we didn't even have the car then. We didn't get the car until 2 years after we moved here. Who knows! So anyway she read me an email it says he sent me (which I didn't get). It said that he had estimated the damage to be $3004.28. I could take the car to the body shop of my choice and then if they get in there and it cost more that they estimated the body shop could bill them directly. Once all that was clarified and my blood pressure went back down below boiling I got out the phone book and looked for the closest Dodge dealership. I decided to have them take it to Allen Samuels Dodge. I called the wrecker service and they said they could get it there today. So my car should be there now and they should start its reconstructive surgery on Monday. My poor car looked so pitiful sitting in that wrecking yard and torn up and FILTHY. Hopefully it will be all better and get a bath before I get it back.

So sorry for the crazy lady post last night but as you can tell I was EXTREMELY upset. I am all better now!

2 comments:

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

WOW! Just getting around to reading all your updates! Crazy, whirlwind of emotions there, huh? Well, I am glad things are working out for the better!
Please let us know if you need anything!