Thursday, October 2, 2008

Irritated!

I still haven't heard anything from the insurance company on my car. I have some weirdo calling me every hour wanting to "help" me. She says she can get my car out of the impound and it not cost me any money. I told her that the insurance company should be getting it out of the impound so it won't cost me any money anyway. She said something about making so I don't have to pay my deductible. I told her I am not at fault and its not going through my insurance so I don't have to pay a deductible. She then asked why I won't let her help me. Hmmm....let me think.....I DON'T NEED HELP! How hard is that to understand? So finally after trying to get her off the phone for almost 20 minutes I just tell her I need to talk to my husband and I will let her know. Well she proceeded to call me TWO more times today but I did not answer. In one of the voicemails she said that the insurance company had been to look at my car. What is she sitting watching my car??? How would she know they had been to the impound yard to look at my car otherwise? Its kind of creepy!

When I got home from work I had a message on my answering machine from the loan company. I called them back and they said they got a notice from the wrecking yard that they want a lein release so they can get rid of my car. Uh, NO! I told her that I was in an accident last week and I am just waiting for the insurance company to take care of the car. She asked if it was totaled and I told her that the insurance company hadn't notified me as to if they had looked at it yet or not. She took my claim # and the insurance adjuster's number and said she would call him. I hung up with her and called the insurance adjuster myself and his voicemail says he will be out of the office until Monday! I don't know if that means that it will just have to wait until he is back or if someone else is working on it. If something happens to my car while this moron goes on vacation there will be HELL to pay! I also tried to call the adjuster that called me about the injury portion just to see if she could look and tell me anything and she was already gone for the day so I guess I will try her tomorrow afternoon if I don't hear anything from someone before about 3 o'clock.

MY GOODNESS WHAT A MESS!!

All in all I really don't care how long they take with the whole thing as long as I can keep the rental the entire time because I LOVE that car but I don't want my car being sold at auction or something stupid in the mean time. I did get a letter from the wrecker service telling me how much it cost a day for it to be there which I faxed to the insurance company but I didn't get anything else about it needing to be moved. I guess we will see what happens.

No comments: